Monday 2 April 2012

Changes Of Scenery

Hey everybody. Well it looks like I lied to all my faithful readers. I told that I would post roght after Russian tour however (obviously) I did not. You see I switched families yesterday and I wanted to combine two short/ interesting/ anticipated enteries into one. Also another kinda big thing, a few months back, if you remember, Thomas had some french friends come up her to visit him. Well this week Kristian's friends taking the frenchies leave and are coming up to visit. Also it's the first week of a new semester at school here so it's gonna be a fun post. :P

Well I'm gonna start out with the one that I know you kittens have been dieing to hear. St. Petersburg Russia. Well we crossed a line on the road and were instantly sent two hours into the future due to Russia's time zone. The jet lag we recieved from walking two meters over that line was more than coming from france or germany to finland. Well anyway we went to a Russian folk show that was easily for me the highlight of the trip. We also went to a russian ballet (classy I know) I really enjoyed it but it was mostly a naptime for most of the others though. The best part was seeing the other exchange students again and mostly getting to meet our new aussies. They are really cool and I'm glad that I'll be able to get to know them better :) Lastly we got freetime to explore Russia in all it's glory, also a few museums but you guys don't want to hear about them. I really had a good time and I even picked up a nive Russia/ Soviet hat, which I have decked out with Rotary pins.

Now for the new family. I really love my new family, I already get along with everybody very well. The father is a fisherman and a boxer, the son is a football player and an allaround cool guy and the mother works at a local university. The son and I already get along very well. Yesterday we went and played pool together. He is good but I managed to beat him a couple times, we will be playing alot more in the future. I really think I'm going to enjoy my time here in this familyit's already been fun and it's only day 3 (well 2 days 3 nights but who cares.) Also it is really close to the city center so if I need to go into town it will take ten minutes walking instead of 1/2 hour by bus.

And finally the last thing of this update, Kristians two friends who are visiting.this week. There is 1 boy and 1 girl. They are pretty cool. I had them oer at my new place today to watch a movie in the home theater system (:) that's right, y'all are jealous :) ) We all get along nicely so I think it's going to be a good week. I will put a more detailed post on their time here in finland when you know... they've actually spent time here in finland.

Well that's all for this time. it's been a busy week and a bit, also I got my computer fixed up by Thomas. It's running a lot faster now. I also have 1 favour to ask all the people who read this and are subscribed to a little site called Facebook.com. One of the exchange students here, Diego will be leaving the great country of Finland to return to Mexico in just under 20 days! I need you guys to all send him a message on Facebook telling him how not cool that is for him to leave all this behind. You can message him at Diego Hvv on facebook, show him how not cool this is of him. Well that's all for this time, stay frosty keep your stick on the ice and I'll post again soon from across the Finnish line.

Robert

No comments:

Post a Comment